Sunday, May 6, 2012

May 2012 Quick Update...

Well we are back at it after taking some time off. Katrina has been in enclosed storage since last fall, we decided to take a bit of a break and recover from the 14 month marathon of learning and working.

We started back in on her last weekend as the weather finally has warmed up... The Northwest winters seem to be longer and grimmer as time goes on!

Since the trailer is stored close to home now and is not an hours drive each way we will be working on her in our driveway... We plan to take her out mid June - reservations are made and we are travelin with friends so we better be ready!

Anyway here are the updates in the way of photos:

 Getting the plumbing in:



12 volt pump all mounted, I used the original aluminium water tank

I used PEX colored tubing, red for hot blue for cold and all the fittings are SharkBite - made the install painless - pretty much

The hot water heater, I installed a bypass kit for winterizing

Here is where the city water and stored water join... under the oven.  I'll post more photos as I do the kitchen sink, gray/black tank and  sewer  connections

Here is the pedestal for the toilet, tile installed and water run for toilet

Another view - I will have an access door in the front whee it is now open 


Just making sure that it all fits together, will disassemble for final install. Still scratching my head  about venting the black tank - I do not want to go all the way to the roof as it would look kinda tacky to run a vent pipe up the wall - any ideas?

Another view...yup all porcelain 

Putting the counter top down, I was able to get some of the last sheets of Aqua Boomerang from Formica prior to the discontinuation of the color 

There she is in my driveway - all the kids in the neighborhood love it ...so do some of their parents


Here is the kitchen as we fit the formica

My helper, pretty jazzed that her trailer is close to finally being done - inaugural trip is planned for mid June

It is nice and cozy inside

Still need to trim and cut out for sink & cook-top

That's it for now - more soon!

3 comments:

  1. Looks Very Nice Merritt! Quality craftsmanship.
    -AW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos and work! Attention to every detail. I'm very impressed. Appreciate the effort you put into your blog. I have a 1966 Fireball (yellow-themed interior) which needs the same kind of makeover. Your experience will certainly be helpful. Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment - If I can help with questions at all please let me know and best of luck with your restoration!

      Delete