Wednesday, April 3, 2013

April 2013 -

t's been quite awhile since we last posted so here is an update....

Katrina is mostly completed, I have yet to build a rear bumper and have decided to overhaul the axle plus there are a few odds and ends. Honestly just got burned out on working on her every weekend. I plan to finish all the little details over this Spring and Summer while at the same time taking more trips with her.

She is stored in a covered RV shelter now and we have a weatherproof cover as well.  We have taken her out a few times without any big issues.

Here are some photos:

In the driveway at home, all the neighbors seemed to really like it



From the back, still needs a bumper

I need an appropriate tow vehicle, an old suburban or station wagon-

This is us with Friends in Ft. Stevens OR - 2012

It poured down the last day and we found a very slight leak (DAMN IT!!) so put a tarp on the front-
2nd application of  roof sealer coming up!

Fun with Friends

Here are some shots of the inside, we love the warmth of the Birch and tones brought out with shellac-
















5 comments:

  1. Wow, she looks beautiful! I purchased a 1960 16' cabover Fireball last year and haven't started in on redecorating her yet. Yours is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words - best of luck to you with your redecorating. Send me a pic I would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed and renewed by your Fireball project. I purchased a 1960 for $175 (delivered and backed up the driveway!) as our next trailer project. I love some of it's features, including the nifty counter top pattern. It seems that the ORIGINAL folding table was left inside, too. We have water damage, but I love the way that your wood turned out. Nothing like natural wood for me..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am always happy to hear of others restoring vintage trailers.

      To me the old ones evoke a time of quality in America - not just with the wood and materials used but also the purpose of them at the time. The journey was the family vacation, road side attractions along the way to a national park or other treasure rather then some theme park where you stress while waiting in endless lines for hours and hours.

      Just my opinion- thank you again!

      Delete
  4. Everything looks nice. I'm surprised everything looks so nice already. I've been meaning to start on a restoration project, I'm just afraid of selecting a make and model that is more difficult to find parts and pieces for.

    Keith
    Stoltzfus-Rec

    ReplyDelete